Formal Student Complaint Policy

Kankakee Community College is required to compile and share formal student complaint information with its regional accreditation agency. KCC is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.

For the purpose of this reporting requirement, KCC considers as formal complaints only those which are written complaints/appeals/grievances from enrolled students mailed or delivered to the offices of an associate dean/program director, the vice president for instructional and student success, the dean of student development, and/or the president. Records of student complaints shared with NCA representatives will not mention by name any individual in a complaint/appeal grievance.

Student complaint records are not otherwise considered public records to which non-KCC individuals or organizations have access.

A student who wishes to file a formal complaint/appeal/grievance regarding an issue pertaining to enrollment, attendance, or provision of services at Kankakee Community College shall first meet with the program division associate dean/director to obtain the proper forms and be advised on the proper appeal process to be followed and the person with whom the process should begin.